The Third International Conference on Islam
“Islam and Democracy”
April 13-14, 2012
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Seyyed Hossein Nasr, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
John O Voll, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
Theme: The theme of this year’s conference will be “Islam and Democracy”.
Scope: Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Islamic Theological Perspectives on Democracy
- Islam, Liberalism, and Pluralism
- Islam, Secularism, and the State
- Islam and Nationalism
- Muslim Women and Democracy
- Islam and Democracy in the Middle East
- Islam and Democracy in Central Asia
- Islam and Democracy in Europe
- Islam and Democracy: Turkey Model
- Arab Spring
- Call for Papers: October 3, 2011
- Abstract submission extended deadline: December 18, 2011
- Conference registration starts: January 1, 2012
- Publication of program: March 1, 2012
- Paper submission deadline: March 23, 2012
- Registration deadline: April 1, 2012
- Conference: April 13-14, 2012
Each participant must register by April 1, 2012. The registration fee is US $20 for regular participants; there is no fee for UW-Madison students with valid identification. The registration fee covers the expenses for reception and relevant materials (e.g., program, proceedings). For registration, please visit www.islamconference.org. For all questions regarding the conference, please check www.islamconference.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference will be held at the Union South on the University of Wisconsin-Madison Campus.
For the full address and directions, check
You can stay at the Wisconsin Union Hotel located in Union South where the conference will be held. Here are some other suggestions for other places to stay in Madison:
For more information on the conference please check